Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Children's Theme Songs - Do You Still Remember Yours?

Recently I was woken up one morning by my youngest, shouting at the top of her lungs in a rather melodic tune, "Wonder pets, wonder pets, we're on our way...." She was singing along to the tune of the children's show "Wonder Pets" on Nick Jr. This has got me wondering if any of us still remember the theme songs of the children's show of our era?
Back in my younger days in Philippines, I used to watch a children's show called Batibot (very similar to Sesame Street). And the show's tune went like "Doon sa Batibot, tayo na, tayo na (There in Batibot, let's go, let's go....). Also, "Transformer....more than meets the eye..." and "If there's something strange in your neighbourhood, who you gonna call?" I can't remember the others although I am pretty sure I used to watch Voltes V and Bioman as well. Heck, I can't even remember the song for Sesame Street. I am really getting quite old.
I know quite a few of the newer ones nowadays though. I think this is the perk of being a mom. You watch the shows with your kids and the tune just gets drone on into your brains. I am bombarded with "Dora, Dora, Dora the Explorer...", "I love you, you love me...." and "Long ago, the four nations lived in harmony" (I know, I know, this is not a song, but it is the theme of the Avatar show) to name a few. A few years ago (when my eldest was still watching them), it was "I wanna be the very best, that no one ever was..." That's Pokemon by the way.
I guess the child in us never grow old enough to forget our own childhood. What's your childhood song?

No comments: