Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Häagen-Dazs And Me

Häagen-Dazs.

That was all I could remember of my first dreamy experience with Häagen-Dazs.

I could not even remember the name of the ice cream flavour I had just now. Lucky I took a picture of it to remind me. All I could think of was "Häagen-Dazs. Häagen-Dazs. Häagen-Dazs." as this exhilerating, silky caramel-flavoured frozen delight washed down my tongue and throat. I had conjured up this image of an old man, searching the desert for water, just as if I had been searching for the perfect ice cream and found it. The Häagen-Dazs effect has just hit me.

I seem to remember there were also bits and pieces of nuts as I dug into my small cup although like the flavour name, this particular nut is lost in my mind.

I just knew. I had to have another one.

Häagen-Dazs is a brand of ice cream established in 1961. Contrary to what I thought were German origins, Häagen-Dazs was actually established by Jewish-Polish immigrants who used foreign branding making the name Scandinavian in American eyes. (Wikipedia)

Disclaimer: Häagen-Dazs did not pay me for this post. Although I wouldn't mind if they sent me a pint bucket of ice cream. Any ice cream flavour will do. :-) Häagen-Dazs, are you there? Can you hear me?
My Häagen-Dazs
unknown ice cream flavour

No comments: