Monday, October 6, 2014

2014 Summer Getaway

This is not our first year in Canada. But it could very well have been. Last year (which was actually our first year) did not really leave us feeling very settled and permanent, and so everything was sorta like in between worlds. We were here in Canada but our life seemed to be progressing elsewhere.

Anyway, this is the first year that we truly experienced Canadian summer in all it's true sense. We finally did what Canadian families did in summer - have their vacations and travel!

Our budget was tight so our planned family vacation did not really take us very far. But that was okay. As the family grows older, I've found that it's really getting harder to lug around family members while you're touring. Aaahhh...the good, old days of Contiki when it was just me and 49 other strangers.

But I digress. As I was saying, planning this trip was harder than normal. My kids have grown up and hubby and I have matured along the years. So our tastes in attractions and places to see have changed dramatically.

I planned some activities for us to do but as expected, some were hits and some were misses. But hey, I enjoyed most of the vacation so it was a good trip for me.

The only thing I hated was getting lost and spending hours manoeuvring the roads that were under construction. These were things that Google Map nor the TomTom told you about while you researched the places.

Our summer took us to Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec. They were all lovely cities and equally alluring in their own rights. In the next few weeks, I'll post some insights into the places we visited and stumbled upon.

Stay tuned!

Fairmont Chateau Laurier
Fairmont Chateau Laurier in Ottawa
Ottawa Parliament Building
Parliament Building in Ottawa
Vieux Port of Montreal
Old Port of Montreal
Old Montreal
Old Montreal
Quebec, Quebec
View of Quebec City

Notre Dame Basilica in Quebec City

No comments: