Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Year of the Baa-Baa's


Tomorrow, 19 February 2015, celebrates the start of the Year of the Ram....or the Sheep....or the Goat....whichever animal actually does it for you. For me, I've always identified with the Sheep. So Year of the Sheep it is for me.

Although I have been living with a Sheep for just under 12 years now, I must profess that I do not know much details about the characteristics of this particular zodiac. I have always just been interested in my own zodiac, I suppose. A self-centred trait true of the Dragon..

But I digress. We're here to talk about the Sheep. I would assume being a sheep, that one would have to be gentle, meek and kind, someone who wouldn't hurt a soul. If you have not guessed it yet, then the soon-to-be 12 years old Sheep under my roof is my youngest, Missy.

What a total fascination it was recently to be presented with a Chinese calendar with startling, mythical information about this animal zodiac. This is what the calendar had to say:

"Born under the most creative sign in the Chinese zodiac, the Sheep is imaginative and artistic. With a gentle and considerate nature, the Sheep is a compassionate friend that others turn to for advice and support. Blessed with an eye for beautiful things, those under this sign have a great sense of design and fashion."

Seems like it describes Missy to a T, even down to being creative and artistic. That's her alright! Missy is indeed a pedigree Sheep.
 
Know of any Sheep in your midst?

Check out these other posts where I've showcased Missy's creativity and imagination:
My Kids and The Arts
Pretty Pictures Tell Me...Part One
Pretty Pictures Tell Me...Part Two

No comments: