Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Newcomer Stories: Why Thank You, Driver

Instagram photo by jamie250196

Thank you.

Such simple words but not to be taken lightly. If said in the right context and spirit, it yields a powerful reaction, both in the giver and receiver.

I've recently developed the habit of thanking the bus driver as I step off the bus, arriving safely at my destination. I never really noticed it that much until I did it with such gusto that I was actually looking forward to thanking the driver when I get off.

Yes, the transit system here in Canada is effective and efficient. But the bus drivers take caution and attention with each individual trip that I think the single "to and fro" wherever still warrants a sense of gratitude. Don't you think so?

It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, giving thanks for the small things in life. Thank you, Bus Driver, for getting me home safe and sound.


No comments: