Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

So I thought I'd take a break from my New York travel stories to just get a breather and give thanks. It's the week before and come Monday, it's finally Thanksgiving in Canada.


This will be our 3rd year celebrating this Canadian holiday. We don't necessarily follow traditions by having turkey, making pumpkin pies, and the whole shebang of a feast. To tell the truth, I can't even remember what we did last Thanksgiving. We are still trying to find our groove and make our own Thanksgiving traditions at the moment, but we are getting there.


It is that time to give thanks...formally. I say this because I have been thankful ever since arriving in Canada. For every single day that we are here, it is a thankful moment. It may seem cliche to say this but our lives have forever been changed.


There are just a lot to be thankful for. On this third year since immigrating, one simple thing that I am grateful for is that life finally seems to be settling down, normalising. It might seem boring that I talk about life becoming more subdued but it's true. A lot of upheavals may seem exciting at first but it can become too disruptive if it goes on too long. I'm glad we seem to have past that now.


So that's what I am thankful for this Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

No comments: