Monday, August 1, 2011

Wicounts And Groupons And Everything Nice

It's official. I am on the bandwagon, just like everyone else. Everyone who knows about Wicounts and Groupons, that is.

Wicounts and Groupons are both websites offering online daily specials/deals at discounted rate on just about anything. The mechanics of the websites are that they must get enough customers to "buy" the discounted deal. Once the target number of customers is reached, the customers who have "bought" the deal will benefit by getting vouchers. The vouchers are redeemed with the supplier of the deal. Of course, once the deal goes through, the payment is collectable, either via electronic funds transfer (EFT) or credit card.

I must admit, I was a bit skeptical at first. So, for my very first "bought" deal, I decided to test it out with something that did not cost me anything. The deal was for a meal worth R70 (around $11) for FREE. I got my voucher and redeemed it at the supplier a week later. The whole thing went off without a hitch. And from then on, I've been scouting for specials!

So far, I have had discounts on a family visit to the Lion Park, mother-daughter facials, haircut, family lunch....I am just waiting for the big one on accommodations. Haven't really quite settled on a holiday location yet.

But definitely, I am hooked!

No comments: