Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Second Leg In The CIMA Diploma

I don't know if I should be disappointed that my notoriety in recent years was never enough to get me onto any of the pages, nevertheless, the front page of a newspaper. The last time my name was published, it was in 1993. I had just graduated from high school and the education department decided to let everyone in the town know. I bought my own copy of that paper and had the page laminated. I still have it to this day.

My recent brush with publicity also has something to do with my studies. I've been studying CIMA for the last couple of years and finally, last May, completed my Managerial Level subjects and am receiving an Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting. But instead of just sending over the diploma (like last time when I finished the first leg), CIMA emailed to say that my name will also be published on a listing as a passed student. And since it's the new age of technology,  the published name will be on their website and not the local papers.

Shame that I couldn't laminate this post....but I was still excited! I just had to blog about it. Now I can't wait to finish off the Strategic Level subjects. I hope to do this in one go in November. Wish me luck!


Click to enlarge

 

No comments: