Wednesday, September 24, 2014

My Real Deal With Ferrero Rocher


Without a doubt in my mind, whenever I am asked for my favourite chocolate, my answer had always been "Ferrero Rocher". My family and friends know better than to buy me a different brand.

For the longest time, I've been hooked on these chocolates. There's a bit of history there between Ferrero and I that I've always been too shy to tell. I suddenly feel like I'm going into a Flashback Friday or a Throwback Thursday when I know too well it's only a Wednesday.

Back when I was about 9 or 10 or 11 years old, there was this young boy who (said he) had a crush on me. Now I was flattered by the attention, but at that point in time, I was still a premature teenager. He wooed me for a small while (a summer, I think) and one of the first gifts that I got from him was a box of these gorgeously, symmetrically round-shaped, delicious chocolates that he got from....I can't remember where he went to now. His family had gone on vacation to this "I can't remember" place and he said he saw the chocolates and brought them back for me. Sweet...just like the chocolates. Well, he could've bought them at Duty Free Philippines, but as a young girl who never went anywhere, I didn't know any better. All I knew was that the chocolates were divine.

I still found Barbie more interesting though, but I devoured the chocolates in sweet secret pleasure.

And so as that summer ended, the wooing did as well. We rarely saw each other anyways so it was not hard to not be in contact with him.

And now, whenever someone buys me a box of Ferrero Rocher, it brings me back to the reminiscence of that summer. You see, it is now more a case of "I remember the chocolates and the sweet innocence of young romance that came with it, rather than the boy". And that's why for me, Ferrero Rocher always seemed the sweetest out of the whole lot of chocolates out there....because it held a special place in my heart.

No comments: