Thursday, October 9, 2014

Writer's Workshop: Chatting Up Missy

Mama’s Losin’ It

A Mama Kat inspired writing prompt: #2 - Share a recent text exchange that made you laugh.

I could throw in a few statistics about kids under 13 years old having Facebook accounts. I've been to the countless seminars, I know that percentage is more than the 10 fingers I have on my hands.
 
My kid joins the lesser crowd of not having any social media accounts. Yes, at 10, she's not immune to the pressure; she'd like to have an account of her own. But I am hesitant, insisting rather that she uses one of my old accounts to login and play. Ironically, I created that Facebook account for exactly that purpose...when I was still tending farm sheep and harvesting crops and serving dishes in a previous lifetime.
 
Okay, so let's get back to the story. Kid uses mommy's play-play account and the kid's only friends are immediate family - mommy, daddy and big sis. There's gotta be more to Facebook life than just games, right? Enter messenger. It's a great way to keep in touch even when we're just not in the same room together.
 
Here's a sample banter between my youngest daughter and me recently....

My chat with Missy

I love re-reading our exchanges. She may be the girl with the short answers but she's learning to use emoticons like a pro. And I just realised that she loves them cats too damn much!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute!

Lori said...

Oh how cute! I need to liven up my texts with emoticons. I forget to use them.

KatBouska said...

Cute! Those Facebook stickers crack me up. Maile has an ipod and I somehow managed to enable texting, but only back and forth with my phone. I like reading her messages back too.