Monday, December 1, 2014

Summer Getaway Day 7 - Montreal Museum of Fine Arts

Looks so real, you can almost go through it

Today was the day. Well, actually....that day was THE day.

I had the city all to myself. In actual fact, I wanted to visit the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts but nobody wanted to come with me so it was meant to be a self-exploration day.

To prepare for my trip, I downloaded the bus routes for The city and got some tips from my sister-in-law, a local resident of Montreal.

I got to the museum on my own, with no hitch.

Instagram photo by jamie250196

The museum was inspiring to say the least. Getting surrounded by art masterpieces of great artists made me feel like creative juices were pumping into my heart.

Am I starting to look like Picasso more and more?
 
Some were odd, some were nice, some were weird, some were in symmetry....I really lost myself in that place. Of particular interest were paintings and busts of Napoleon and how the French Revolution came to be. I love depictions of the  past and I guess these art pieces were calling out to the history buff within me.

Napoleon portrait

Spent a great part of the afternoon at the museum until I felt it was time to go home. Rode the bus and did not miss my stop...which was a good thing since I probably wouldn't have been able to extricate myself from the French city if I had gotten lost indeed.

For more information about a visit to the museum, check their website out.

MMFA from across the street
 

No comments: