Friday, August 20, 2010

Novice Blogging - Note #1

Actually just wrote this post so as to inform readers that I have a new About page. Being a new page, I was utterly disappointed when it did not announce itself as a new post on NetworkedBlogs (Ta-Da!). This page really gave me some sleepless nights as I found it a bit hard to talk about myself. Weird, considering I’m a blogger, haha. Anyway, if you have already checked it out, thank you....and you can skip the rambling that goes on the next few paragraphs.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whoever said that blogging was easy never tried it first-hand. Take it from somebody who's been on and off the scene for the last couple of years.
I had a look at some of the blogs out there and man....there's aplenty. And like anything else in life, it takes hard work and dedication. How else can you spurt out ideas, concepts and topics one after the other? AND keep it going???
I didn't quite realise that there was so much to blogging at first. After all, I am a frustrated writer and thought the words would just come - presto! Blogs for all! But through trial and error...and procrastination, I realised I needed resources and lots of support to keep at it.
After some positive responses to my recent blogs, it has urged me to research and spend more time with my site - how to make it more interesting, entertaining, engaging.
I've tried to spruce it up a bit for the past couple of days and have now incorporated a web header, some counters (Big Sister's checking you!!!), plus widgets and badges galore (my support system). Added several pages - check out my new About page if you want to know more (wink, wink). I must admit that it's still a long way to go....but it’s starting to take shape, watch this space!

No comments: