Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pink Swears I'm F!#king Perfect

"Made a wrong turn once or twice
Dug my way out, blood and fire
Bad decisions, that's alright
Welcome to my silly life...."              - Pink, F!#king Perfect

I probably threw a bit of a surprise with the title of this post because I try to never swear these days. But this Pink song came out just in time, and although her song title is a bit "contaminated", I found the song apt to be my birthday anthem for today.

For a very long time now, I have been unsettled about bad life decisions I've taken in the past. I'm a very insecure girl although it probably doesn't show too much because I fight it so. And I suppose the guilty feeling has more to do with my attitude of overexpecting and overachieving. Even years after the scenarios have played out, the feeling of burden still weighs me down. Yet, I know I can do nothing to change them.

In retrospect, I suppose this song reveals that I can only be who I am today because I've made those mistakes. I'm convinced that I'm definitely an improved version of myself. And it shows that I did not do half bad because I am still here, still learning, still fighting my demons, but at least living on and slowly bettering myself......

Me surrounded with giant chocolates...
How I wish they were for me on my birthday!
Life is tough, that much is true. And striving to cut it above normal is even harder work. Some hurdles come along and throw you off the bend, but I think everybody deserves to have life extraordinaire. Continue on.

I certainly will not stop there.

So if no one minds, I'd just like to take a moment of self-indulgence and greet myself a happy day today for making it up to this point in time.

1 comment:

Chris said...

mj, happy happy birthday! :D i wish you the best and may God grant your heart's desires :)