Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Novice Blogging - Note #31 (Facebook on Skype)

P.S. I am deviating slightly off-topic as this post has nothing to do with blogging but more to do with trying to be tech-savvy and make sense of all these social media mumbo-jumbo. I am finding it hard to keep up with my bi-weekly instalment of Novice Blogging so I think I'll put it on the shelf like I've done with Weighing In and VTT. Basically, write a post when I do have one :-)

I am really wary of anything that wants to link with any of your other accounts. I don't know why. It just makes me feel like I'm in some sort of conspiracy somewhere. So when the little Facebook bar came up on my Skype screen, I was a little apprehensive but then I was also a wee bit curious.

I clicked on the Facebook bar and it starts opening the Skype website for me. I am asked to login to Facebook with my login details and voila! My Skype Home page is instantly transformed into my Facebook wall, complete with all the postings and status updates. The only thing I can't seem to find on the page is the notifications bar. And of course, it does get a bit tiring, pressing the Refresh button all the time, everytime there is something new being posted by one of your Facebook friends. Knowing Facebook well, there is almost one new post on my wall every mega-minute, LOL.

And of course, very important for paranoid people like me. The ESCAPE - how do I log out if I don't want Facebook on Skype anymore. I simply press this gear widget at the top of the Skype Home page and it drops with an option to Disconnect From Facebook. And it's done.

Pretty cool if you ask me.

No comments: