Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The First Sprays Of Spring


The road to work

In South Africa, September usually marks that spring has arrived. Imagine our surprise, when last week, a few days into September, we had our first cloud outbursts as well.
 
It started the night before. The rain suddenly came and continued on until the early hours of morning. On my way to work, it had started again.
 
Houghton

I love going through the city when it's raining. I see things in a different light. Not to mention that it has not rained for a long time. We've just had 6 months of winter :-) Of course, I don't mean that I love driving in the rain. We all know how traffic it can be on the roads when it's raining. It delayed my trip that morning by 15 minutes.

Johannesburg traffic - can you make out the Vodacom building?

I spent the day cooped up in the office. Not that it was any different from any other day that I spend in the office. I'm an office girl so i don't get to go outside a lot. At lunch, I had a quick break to fetch some food in town.
 
 
This picture was taken before the hail onslaught at around 2pm that afternoon. I was imprisoned in the car by the hail and could not get back into the office. It stopped eventually after 30 minutes.


Going home was bad. Mother Nature did not look like she was about to let up yet. It took me more than an hour to get home because of the traffic because of the rain :-( Maybe I will rephrase that sentence and just say that I love the rain....in moderation.

No comments: